Helping Hands – Salem
Visit Helping Hands – Salem
Outreach to Victims of Domestic Violence
- The PEARLS (Personal Empowerment for Achieving Real Lasting Security) project is a collaborative program funded by the United Way of Mid-Willamette Valley. Our project partners are Mid-Valley Women’s Crisis Center and the St. Francis Shelter.
- Helping Hands provides clothing assistance to victims and their children while they are living in shelter.
- When the victim stabilizes and is ready to move to an independent living situation (apartment), Helping Hands provides a “move in kit” which includes all necessary kitchen items (cookware, dishes, cups, glasses, silverware) as well as bedding for all the family members.
- PEARLS clients are always welcome to shop at Helping Hands for their clothing needs, as well as for their children.
- Some PEARLS clients may wish to take advantage of the “Clothes That Work” project which would help them acquire an appropriate work wardrobe.